Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Mermaid Tales!

* The following Sation nail polishes were sent to me for my honest review. For more information, please visit my disclosure policy.*

Hello Lacquer Lovers!
Today I have a mini review and some nail art featuring Sation polishes! 
The tales about mermaids that float around the world fascinate me, so what better than to do a mermaid tales inspired manicure!


Check out the mini review and the mermaid inspired nail art after the jump! :)

 
I'll start off with the mini review! I was very impressed with all of the polishes! They are all good quality, they have amazing dry time, and to top it all of they are all opaque in two coats! 
All photos shown are two coats with top coat.


All three of these polishes are from Sation's Candylandia collection, which was inspired by the well known board game Candy Land! 

Plenty Of Frogs is a gorgeous green based shimmer polish. I'm definitely not a person who wears green nail polish, but I think that Plenty Of Frogs has made the cut! I will definitely wear it again. 

Queenie In A Bottle the perfect mix between hot pink and fuchsia! It dries to a matte, waxy like finish that I surprisingly really liked. This is my favorite polish from this set of three.

AbbacaDazzle is a rich sunflower yellow. It is the perfect yellow creme. It is a must have in any collection!



 All three of these romantic hues are from Sation's Miss Antoinette Spring 2013 collection!

Delete Your Junk Male  has such a clever name! It is a deep red with a beautiful shimmer finish.

Guillotine Grape is an eggplant purple with a fine purple shimmer. It looked very intimidating in the bottle, but I love it on the nail! I think it is a perfect winter hue, so you'll definitely be seeing this color in the near future!

Of Corset I'll Call You is the perfect baby pink! It may actually be a new favorite. It looks a lot darker in the bottle, but if worn in three to four coats the color payoff should be the same.




Now onto the long awaited nail art look! 
 I'll explain each nail and tell you exactly how to achieve the look!


 Index
 I started off with two coats of Of Corset I'll Call You. After that dried I took a Winstonia stamping plate in W106 and stamped on the crab image with Queenie In A Bottle. Then I ran enough AbbacaDazzle beneath it to look like sand!
Middle
 When I think of mermaids I automatically think of red hair! With this in mind I used two coats of Delete Your Junk Male.
 Ring
 First, I applied one coat of Of Corset I'll Call You to get a nice even skintone color. Using my striper I created the classic strapless bikini top with two coats of Queenie In A Bottle. I then applied two thin coats of Plenty Of Frogs in a chevron shape for the tail.
Pinkie
I applied two coats of AbbacaDazzle as my base. Then using my striper I freehanded a starfish using Guillotine Grape.


 Sation Nail Lacquer, which is a Miss Professional Nail based company,  is DBP, Toluene, and Formaldehyde free. You can purchase Sation on their website here for $5.00USD.

That is all for today! Check back for my next post which will be completely different than what I'm used to review wise! It is definitiely worth it because there will be a giveaway!
Until next time!

3 comments: